Lonergan signs first 2015 recruits to early NLIs

Forward Collin Goss and guard Jordan Roland have become the first official signees of the 2015 men’s basketbal recruiting class, head coach Mike Lonergan announced Thursday.

Both players, who had each verbally committed to GW this summer, inked National Letters of Intent this week during the early signing period.

“We are very excited to have Collin and Jordan joining the GW Basketball family,” Lonergan said in a release. “These two student-athletes will be great additions to our program.”

Goss averaged 9.8 points as junior at St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School in Alexandria, Va., where he also earned Second Team All-Interstate Athletic Conference honors and helped his team finish 18-8 overall and 8-2 in IAC last year.

The 6-foot-10 Manassas, Va. native has three older sisters who have all played at the NCAA Division I level, including 2014 GW graduate Rachael Goss, a four-year outside hitter for the Colonials’ volleyball team. Goss will also be the fifth player on the team’s 2015-2016 roster hailing from the D.C. area.

“Collin is a very skilled post player who has great potential because of his versatility,” Lonergan said.

Roland comes to the Colonials from Syracuse, N.Y, where he averaged 23.9 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.6 steals to lead his Westhill High School team to a perfect 27-0 record last year as a junior. He is also the reigning New York State Class B Player of the Year.

The 6-foot-1 point guard is a three-star recruit, currently the No. 10-rated player in New York State and No. 59 point guard in the nation, according to ESPN.com.

“Jordan can score in numerous ways and can play both guard positions,” Lonergan said. “He is a proven winner and has shown tremendous leadership ability.”

Fellow Syracuse native Tyler Cavanaugh, a transfer from Wake Forest, will join Roland next year when his two-year eligibility for the Colonials begins.