Chuck Todd, ‘Meet the Press’ host, to join SMPA advisory council

Chuck Todd is one of five new members added to the National Council for Media and Public Affairs. He and other members will help advise SMPA director Frank Sesno, pictured here at a 2011 event with Todd. Hatchet File Photo
Chuck Todd is one of five new members to join the School of Media and Public Affairs’ advisory council. He will help advise SMPA Director Frank Sesno, pictured here at a 2011 event with Todd. Hatchet File Photo
Updated: Oct. 27, 2014 at 2:45 p.m.

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Aishvarya Kavi.

Chuck Todd’s latest addition to his résumé is no longer hosting “Meet the Press.”

Todd is one of five leaders in media and communications who will serve a three-year term on the School of Media and Public Affairs’ advisory council, officials announced this week.

“National Council members are integral to our school,” Frank Sesno, the school’s director, said in a release. “These new members reflect an effort to bring dynamic, accomplished professionals who are experts in media and politics and dedicated to SMPA’s mission of providing relevant and innovative experiences for our students.”

CNN D.C. Bureau Chief Sam Feist, alumna Susan Smirnoff, political pollster Cornell Belcher and SMPA parent and New Jersey community leader Charles Minton will also join the board.

Todd attended GW starting in 1990, but left in 1994 without completing his degree. He joins the now 20-member board that advises Sesno on strategic decisions for the University’s media school.

Smirnoff previously served on the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences’ advisory council for 15 years, in addition to her work as a public relations consultant.

The newest members are added as SMPA looks to change its curriculum and implement those changes next year.

This post was updated to reflect the following corrections:
The Hatchet incorrectly reported Sam Feist’s first name. It is Sam, not Dan. The Hatchet also incorrectly reported that Todd and Feist are the only journalists on the council. Reena Ninan, an alumna and correspondent at ABC News, is also a member. The Hatchet incorrectly reported that the council signs off on strategic decisions and approves curriculum changes. The council is an advisory group. We regret these errors.