Your Week: After a concert at Urban Outfitters, take your turn at a zombie apocalypse

If you need a midterm week pick-me-up (or eight), look no further. This week you can catch a secret free concert, run away from zombies, and downward dog into bliss.

Monday

Lykke Li will perform a free concert at Urban Outfitters.

Lykke Li performs at Urban Outfitters: If you couldn’t snag tickets to Lykke Li’s sold-out performance at 9:30 Club Monday night, don’t despair. The Swedish singer will play a smaller, free set at Georgetown’s Urban Outfitters just hours before her main performance. Don’t forget to bring along a sharpie and your copy of “I Never Learn” for the post-show autograph session.
Urban Outfitters, 3111 M St. NW. 2 p.m. Free.

B.J. Novak “The Book With No Pictures” Book Signing: Don’t miss the chance to meet B.J. Novak of “The Office,” who will stop by the Maret School Auditorium near the Woodley Park Zoo/Adams Morgan metro station on Monday night. He’ll be signing copies of his latest best-seller, “The Book With No Pictures,” a text-only children’s storybook packed with humor for kindergarteners and college kids alike.
Maret School Auditorium, 3000 Cathedral Ave. NW. 6:30 p.m. Free.

Tuesday

Allen Stone at 9:30 Club: A self-described “hippie with soul,” Allen Stone and his signature oversized glasses and curly blonde locks have shown up on “Ellen,” “Conan” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” This R&B singer, whose third album “The Radius” is set to release late 2014, is known for his soulful tunes and quirky persona.
9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. 7 p.m. $25.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/8987610″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

Capital City Showcase DMV Roast: For this month’s installment of their DMV Roast, comedians from the Capital City Showcase will host a roast of The Washington Capitals, just in time for the start of hockey season. Comedian David Carter will play the part of The Caps at this free show, and guests can enjoy happy hour specials from 7 to 10 p.m.
The Brixton, 901 U St. NW. 8 p.m. Free.

Wednesday

De-stress with free yoga at Yoga NoMa. Photo by Flickr user Eli Christman under a CC BY-SA 2.0 license.

Lunch-Hour Yoga Recharge: Erase away your mid-week midterm stress by taking a quick metro ride to NoMa, where you can indulge in some free yoga relaxation. Yoga NoMa, a new yoga spot, is hosting free sessions to attract yogis of all levels. Don’t forget your mat and a water bottle, and be sure to reserve a spot online.
Yoga NoMa, 1st St. NE and M Street NE. 12 p.m. Free.

Esperanza Spalding at The Birchmere: Jazz musician Esperanza Spalding is celebrating her birthday month with a two-week tour, “Thank You October,” which will make a stop in Alexandria Wednesday night. She was the first of her genre to win the Grammy for Best New Artist in 2011, so don’t miss your chance to groove to the neo-soul sounds of this emerging artist.

3701 Mt Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, Va. 7:30 p.m. $65.

Thursday

Opening Night of DC DEAD: Rush over to this Capital Fringe event prepared for a zombie chase. This interactive performance comes just in time for Halloween, grouping people into teams to fight zombies in a haunted house. Live the thrill of a zombie apocalypse, minus the whole death thing.
Capital Fringe’s Fort Fringe, 607 New York Ave. NW. 7 p.m. $35.

Pages D. Matam Poetry Reading and Conversation: Join the D.C. poetry community at Split This Rock to celebrate local poet and activist Pages D. Maham, who will lead a reading and discussion of his latest book, “The Heart of a Comet.” Maham’s new book is a selection of poems and short stories chronicling the story of a comet on a quest to find his purpose in life.
Institute for Policy Studies, 1112 16th Street, NW, Suite 600. 5:30 p.m. Free.