The who’s who of GW Greek life

Erica Christian | Photo Editor
Erica Christian | Photo Editor

Kasey Packer – President of the Panhellenic Association

After serving as the vice president of recruitment last year, Kasey Packer has moved into the role of Panhellenic Association president. During recruitment, Packer will make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible, so you’ll see her hopping between the rooms in the Marvin Center to check up on events.

Jamie Lichay – Vice President of Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association

Going to an event this recruitment season? Jamie Lichay is the girl who planned, scheduled and organized it. It has taken the senior nine months to plan this year’s recruitment events, including shuffling schedules around to start recruitment earlier this year. Lichay, a journalism and mass communication and economics double major, is also a producer for GWTV.

Peyton Zere – President of the Interfraternity Council

Formerly the president of Kappa Alpha at GW, Peyton Zere now oversees GW’s fraternity life. The senior’s main job: event warden. Zere has to attend chapters’ rush events and make sure that fraternities follow IFC guidelines throughout the rush process.

Edgar Estrada – Vice President of Recruitment for the Interfraternity Council

Edgar Estrada oversees the two-week-long men’s rush process. The junior is the master scheduler, planning when each chapter hosts rush events. He’s also the one who makes sure people actually show up, enlisting potential pledges to attend.

Dominique Jones – President of Multicultural Greek Life

Senior Dominique Jones oversees GW’s 13 multicultural Greek chapters. Jones meets regularly with PanHel and IFC leaders, as the three organizations have tried to incorporate multicultural Greek life into the Greek community more over the last year.

Tim Miller – Center for Student Engagement Director

Miller is the dad of Greek life, the one who sternly sits down with you when you’ve done something wrong, but otherwise encourages you to live up to your full potential. Overseeing the Center for Student Engagement, Miller meets regularly with Greek life leaders to plan community-wide events and support chapters. Miller has launched initiatives on campus to improve student health, like cooking classes and a running club. Last year, he visited several Greek houses with top academic officials like Provost Steven Lerman and Columbian College of Arts and Sciences Dean Ben Vinson to meet with chapter members.

Peter Konwerski – Dean of Student Affairs

If you’re on Twitter, you know @GWPeterK. Peter Konwerski is kind of a campus celebrity, reply-tweeting to students about everything from administrative frustrations to what his dog wore for Halloween. He is in charge of all things related to student affairs and always shows an intense amount of enthusiasm about campus construction and repairs.

Christina Witkowicki – Director of Greek Life

After she was a member of the sorority Alpha Xi Delta at the University of New Hampshire, Witkowicki was inspired to turn her love for Greek life into a career. In 2010, she began to oversee Greek organizations at GW.

Rachael Wise – Greek Life Program Coordinator

Rachael Wise, an alumna of the Kappa Delta sorority, advises the IFC and the Multicultural Greek Council, and mentors students who lead chapters. She is also a learning partner for GW Trails.

Kris Hart – Owner of Foggy Bottom’s resident Greek store

An alumnus of GW and the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity, Kris Hart opened a small Greek store inside his Relaxed Tanning and Day Spa on F Street last year. Hart also owns the Foggy Bottom Grocery, better known as FoBoGro. He’s looking to open a diner on campus too, proving you’re not the only one looking for pancakes at 3 a.m. on a Saturday.