Crime Log

Burglary II

Madison Hall
8/28/14 – 2:05 to 2:35 p.m.
Open case

A student reported that three laptop computers were missing from her room after she left her room for approximately 25 minutes.
– Open case

Disorderly Conduct

2200 block of F St.
8/29/14 – 1:26 a.m.
Case closed

University Police Department responded to a report of individuals shouting at one another. After conducting interviews, it was evident that the two students involved were dating and had been arguing loudly with their friends watching.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct

Guthridge Hall
8/29/14 – 1:43 a.m.
Case closed

UPD were in the vicinity when they received a complaint of a chair being thrown down a stairwell. The student who threw the chair was identified and admitted to throwing the chair down the stairs in a moment of poor judgment.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Drug Law Violation

University Yard
8/30/14 – 6:50 p.m.
Case closed

UPD noticed the smell of burning marijuana and located a student in the crowd during Fall Fest smoking a marijuana cigarette. The student who was in possession of the marijuana cigarette admitted that he had been smoking marijuana and that someone handed him the cigarette.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Liquor Law Violation

University Yard
8/30/14 – 5:57 p.m.
Case closed

UPD encountered an intoxicated student in the crowd during Fall Fest who was assessed and transported to the hospital for treatment.
– Referred for disciplinary action

Drug Law Violation

2100 block of F St.
8/31/14 – 1:15 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a fight in progress. Upon arrival, they interviewed two male students who claimed they had been engaged in a verbal altercation. While in the presence of the responding officers, one of the students attempted to conceal a jar containing approximately 5.5 grams of marijuana in a nearby flowerbed. The students were sent on their way.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Drug Law Violation/Liquor Law Violation

Phillip Amsterdam Hall
8/31/14 – 1:27 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded for a report of a suspicious odor and when officers entered the room in question they found evidence of drinking games and drug paraphernalia in plain view. An administrative search was conducted and yielded approximately 7 grams of marijuana, alcohol and fake driver’s licenses.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct

500 block of 19th St.
9/2/14 – 5:20 p.m.
Case closed

A student reported to UPD that he observed an individual harassing and yelling at people who were standing in a commuter bus line in front of Mitchell Hall. The male subject was identified and barred from campus.

– Subject barred

Compiled by Benjamin Kershner