Crime Log

Destruction

Medical Faculty Associates Building Loading Dock
8/20/14 – 4:10 p.m.
Case closed

A Medical Faculty Associates employee placed objects around a delivery van to prevent it from leaving. The employee then pushed a refrigerator into the vehicle, causing damage.

– Subject arrested

Breaking and Entering Vending Machine/Destruction

Academic Center
8/22/14 – Unknown time
Case closed

University Police Department officers noticed that a vending machine was broken into and that there were pry marks on the coin access slots.

– No suspects or witnesses

Simple Assault

1957 E St.
8/23/14 – 6:50 p.m.
Case closed

A contractor working an event reported to UPD that her manager had shoved her during a verbal argument. Metropolitan Police Department responded to evaluate the complaint but there were no injuries and no arrest was made.

– Referred to department

Simple Assault/Destruction

800 block of 20th St.
8/24/14 – 4:30 a.m.
Case closed

A staff member reported that a woman approached him yelling about money. She grabbed and tore his pants pocket and then fled the area while apologizing.

– No identifiable suspect

Drug Law Violation

2200 block of F St.
8/25/14 – 6:07 p.m.
Case closed

UPD observed two students sitting in the alley with a plastic bag of marijuana. MPD was notified and cited the students for possession.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct (Urinating in Public)

Square 80
8/26/14 – 1:30 a.m.
Case closed

UPD observed a student urinating in the bushes. He was identified by UPD and released.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Unlawful Entry

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
8/26/14 – 7:20 p.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a homeless man panhandling in the store. It was determined that he had previously been barred from campus property and he was arrested.

– Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct/Intoxication

21st Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
8/27/14 – 2 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to assist United States Secret Service police with a highly intoxicated student. USSS officers said her disorderly behavior outside of a nightclub included running from them and attempting to throw away her fake ID. The student refused medical assessment and was forcibly taken to the emergency room for treatment.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Attempted Theft

Rear of Support Building
8/27/14 – 6:55 p.m.
Case closed

A staff member reported to UPD that two individuals were removing scrap metal from a dumpster. The individuals were unable to provide information regarding who had given them permission to take the scrap metal from the dumpster. They were identified and barred from campus property.

– Subjects barred

Compiled by Benjamin Kershner