Weekend Outlook: Dance parties and the end of Capital Fringe

It’s the last weekend of July. We can’t believe it either.

But don’t mope around. We’ve found plenty to do this weekend.

The National Building Museum. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia user AgnosticPreachersKid under the Creative Commons License
The National Building Museum. Photo used under the Creative Commons License.

Friday

Mixtape at the 9:30 ClubThis monthly dance party blasts anything you can dance to, from house and electric to alt-pop and indie rock. Tickets are $12, and doors open at 11 p.m.

Ghost Tours at the National Building MuseumNot in the mood to party? Spend your Friday night on a ghost tour of the National Building Museum. You never know what spooky stuff is hidden around the museum after-hours. Non-member tickets are $25.

Saturday

Bliss at U Street Music HallU Street Music Hall co-owner Will Eastman will host this monthly dance party Saturday night. Remember to buy the $10 tickets ahead of time if you’re under 21, and make sure you grab a pair of limited-edition U Street shades. Free until 11 p.m. for 21+.

Capital Fringe Festival: Still don’t want to party? That’s OK. The Capital Fringe Festival is winding down, but you can still catch some performances Saturday night. You need to buy a $7 Fringe button and a $17 ticket to attend a show, but it’s worth it.

Sunday

Chain & the Gang at Black CatThe D.C.-based band is back to rock the Black Cat on Sunday. Tickets are $12, and doors open at 8 p.m.

Capital Fringe Festival: Once again, we urge you to check out this festival. This is the last day, so if you missed all the fun comedy, dance and drama, you have one last chance. Don’t spend the last Sunday of July at home.