Rosters and game schedule announced for Kenner League

Then-sophomore Kevin Larsen drives past UMass defenders in the Colonials A-10 quarterfinals victory. Hatchet File Photo

Then-sophomore Kevin Larsen drives past UMass defenders in the Colonials’ A-10 quarterfinals victory last season. Hatchet File Photo
Men’s basketball fans in the D.C. area will have the chance to catch a first glimpse of some of the newest Colonials this weekend.

The incoming class will join six returning players to compete in the annual Nike Pro-City Jabbo Kenner League, which holds all of its games at Georgetown’s McDonough Arena. Regular season play begins Saturday and wraps up August 2, with playoffs slated for August 3, 9 and 10.

Saturday will mark Kethan Savage’s return to the court. The junior guard has been recovering from a broken metatarsal in his left foot – an injury he sustained in a January game against St. Bonaventure.

Fellow junior guard Joe McDonald will not participate in the Kenner League as he continues to recover from surgery on his left hip.

Player rosters as well as the game schedule are tentative, but check out which Colonials are now listed to play together and for which teams:

Symonds All Stars

John Kopriva

Team Takeover

Nick Griffin

Kethan Savage

DCX

Darian Bryant

Kevin Larsen

Lincoln Park

Ryan McCoy

Team Ooohs and Aaahs

Patricio Garino

A. Wash Associates

Anthony Swan

Yuta Watanabe

Clyde’s

Matt Cimino

Paul Jorgenson