They’re open late and take GWorld

Cameron Lancaster | Photo Editor
Cameron Lancaster | Photo Editor

Media Credit: Cameron Lancaster | Photo Editor
The hot bar in the basement of Ivory Tower is one of the most popular late-night snack spots in Foggy Bottom. Don’t pass up the mozzarella sticks.

1. Crepeaway

(until midnight or later)

Students frequent this creperie so often its website encourages customers to take 4-RIDE if they ever crave a late-night meal. The menu offers sweet and savory crepes for customers to devour in-store or have delivered to their doorstep.

2. Carvings

(until midnight or later)

Order up a plate of quesadillas, mozzarella sticks or french fries and grab a seat in a booth if you can. A student hub just down the street from Thurston Hall, this cafe will likely become a staple of your freshman year meal plan.

3. Tonic

(until 1 a.m. or later)

Famous for crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside tater tots, Tonic is a destination for a late night out – or a Sunday-morning cure. The Mac & Cheese ($9) or Ultimate Nachos ($12) are sure to satisfy. But be prepared to get comfortable, as the restaurant is notorious for slow service.

4. Shenkman Hall

(formerly Ivory Tower, hours vary)

This coveted residence hall features a basement cafeteria with two late-night dining spots: Pita Pit (open until 2 a.m.), which has sandwiches starting at $5.75, and Gallery Market & Cafe (open until 2 a.m.), Carving’s cousin that offers a hot bar, sandwiches and packaged snacks.

5. Burger Tap & Shake

(Fridays and Saturdays until 1 a.m.)

This burger joint has every type of burger from the classic beef patty ($6) to turkey, veggie and salmon burgers ($8). And you’ll want a shake with that. Pick from 11 different flavors, including the “BTS Shake,” made with Butterfinger, Twix and Snickers bars ($5).