The Hatchet is hiring an accounting assistant

The Hatchet is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student to serve as an accounting assistant.

The position requires six to eight hours of work per week at $10 an hour. Job duties and responsibilities include processing payments and invoices for advertisers on a weekly basis, maintaining the subscriber list, preparing a monthly A/R audit and conducting closing procedures.

We’ll help train you in Excel, AdMate Accounting software and Quickbooks – but experience is preferred. There are opportunities to be promoted within and assume responsibilities such as preparing payroll tax reports, reconciling bank statements, and making journal entries for business operations transactions in Quickbooks.

And we know you’re a student, so we’ll work with your class schedule. If interested, please email your resume to [email protected].

The Hatchet is an editorially and financially independent student newspaper serving The George Washington University community in downtown Washington, D.C. First published Oct. 5, 1904, it is the second oldest continuously published newspaper in the District, after The Washington Post.

The newspaper is produced by Hatchet Publications, Inc., an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. It is headquartered in a townhouse at 2140 G St. N.W. in the heart of Foggy Bottom.