Conservative columnist, Obama campaign manager to spar at student-run debate

David Plouffe, who ran President Barack Obamas 2008 campaign, will debate at Lisner Auditorium this month.
Christopher Dilts
David Plouffe, who ran President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, will debate at Lisner Auditorium this month.

Charles Krauthammer, a conservative columnist best known for his memoir detailing his views and life confined in a wheelchair. Photo courtsey of the Creative Commons.
A Pulitizer-prize winning conservative columnist and President Barack Obama’s former campaign manager will go head-to-head at the end of the month for a student-sponsored debate, the Program Board announced Wednesday.

The debate will feature Charles Krauthammer, a regular Fox News contributor and recent New York Times best-selling author, and David Plouffe, who ran Obama’s landmark 2008 campaign and finished his appointment as senior advisor to the president last year.

David Plouffe, who ran President Barack Obama's 2008 campaign, will debate at Lisner Auditorium this month.
David Plouffe, who ran President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, will debate at Lisner Auditorium this month. Photo courtsey of the Creative Commons.
“We are excited to have the opportunity to coordinate a debate with high profile political speakers as a way to actively engage the student body in current hot button political issues of the day,” student organizers Omeed Firouzi, Alex Miller, Jon Carfagno and Julia Susuni said in a joint statement.

The debate will be held on March 30 at 8 p.m. at Lisner Auditorium.

Tickets are free and will be distributed in the Marvin Center starting March 20 and at the Lisner Auditorium Box Office.