Maurice Creek is again named A-10 player of the week

After leading the Colonials to back-to-back victories over Saint Joseph’s and Fordham, graduate student guard Maurice Creek earned the final Atlantic 10 Player of the Week award, the league announced Monday.

In those two wins, the Oxon Hill native averaged 22 points and six rebounds, while watching his team catapult all the way into the No. 3 seed in the A-10 standings.

Graduate student guard Maurice Creek shoots for three in last Thursday's win against St. Joseph's. Cameron Lancaster | Assistant Photo Editor
Graduate student guard Maurice Creek shoots for three in last Thursday’s win against St. Joseph’s. Cameron Lancaster | Assistant Photo Editor

The award is Creek’s second honor of the season, making him the first Colonial to earn the award twice in one season since Pops Mensah-Bonsu in 2005-06.

Against the Hawks on GW’s senior night, Creek knocked down four of eight threes to put up a total of 20 points in the 76-71 victory. In the regular season finale at Fordham, the guard hit a career-high six threes en route to a team-high 24 points, propelling GW to the come-from-behind victory.

Creek’s 10 threes on the week brought his season total to 74, good for fourth-most in a season in GW program history.

The Colonials will begin their run at the A-10 Championship at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., on Friday at 9 p.m.