Macklemore & Ryan Lewis to headline Spring Fling

Updated: Tuesday, March 5, 6:40 p.m.

Hip hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, whose songs about thrift shopping and same-sex marriage have torpedoed up the charts this year, will headline Spring Fling in April.

Ben Haggerty, known by his stage name as Macklemore, will perform at Spring Fling in April, Program Board announced Tuesday. Photo used under the Creative Commons license.

Indie rock band Walk the Moon, which has churned out danceable rock hits this year, will also perform at the Program Board-sponsored April 7 show in University Yard.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, the Seattle-based producer-rapper tag team, have racked up more than 100 million YouTube hits and played Saturday Night Live last weekend.

Songs off their 2012 album “The Heist,” like “Thrift Shop” and “Same Love,” have become unconventional hits.  The album debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. iTunes Albums chart in October.

Walk the Moon is best known for their anthemic song “Anna Sun.” The band played a sold-out 9:30 Club show in January, and has performed big festivals like Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and South by Southwest.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis typically cost about $50,000 to bring to campus, while Walk the Moon charges up to $15,000, according to the college booking agency Main Stage Productions.

Past Spring Fling acts include Childish Gambino, Mike Posner, State Radio and Gym Class Heroes.