Two women’s tennis players take all-conference honors

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Jake Deitcher.

Junior Leah Pascarella served during a match played earlier this season. Pascarella and Lana Robins were named to the A-10 All-Conference teams Tuesday. Hatchet File Photo by Becky Crowder | Senior Staff Photographer

After a loss in the A-10 semifinals to UMass, the season may be over for the women’s tennis team, but some Colonials are still racking up honors off the court.

Junior Leah Pascarella and freshman Lana Robins were named to the Atlantic 10 Women’s Tennis All-Conference team Tuesday. Pascarella earned a first team bid, while Robins notched second team honors.

“We are very excited for Leah and Lana to receive All-Conference awards,” head coach Dawn Buth said in a release. “We are very proud of all of the hard work Leah has put in during her three years. Lana has also been a tremendous addition to our program as her work ethic and determination are second to none.”

Pascarella has now earned A-10 postseason honors for the third straight year, after being named a member of the second team after both her freshman and sophomore seasons.  Pascarella played No. 1 singles and doubles for the Colonials, finishing the season with a 15-14 singles record and a 7-7 doubles mark.

Pascarella was also named A-10 Co-Performer of the Week on Feb. 27, after her victory over UMBC helped lead GW to its fourth straight victory.

Robins enjoyed a strong debut season as a Colonial, where she posted a 15-11 record from the No. 2 singles position, and an 8-8 record, also from the No.2 doubles slot.  Her three straight doubles victories helped GW take home the Georgetown Fall Classic doubles title this fall.

Together, the pair compiled an overall record of 11-8 and a conference record of 4-1 at the Nos. 1 and 2 singles and doubles slots, respectively.