Guide to residence halls

Women

Merriweather

Location: Merriweather is on the Mount Vernon Campus. The Academic Building, Eckles Library, Ames Hall and Pelham Commons are easily accessible.
Rooms: All residents live in double suites with shared bathrooms.
Cost: $7,350

2109 F Street

Location: 2109 F Street is near campus’ best green spaces and favorite eateries. Anniversary Park is across the street and Square 80 is right behind the building. FoBoGro is down the street from the residence hall, while Tonic Restaurant is around the corner.
Rooms: Residents will live in doubles. Rooms have a single living area, kitchen, bathroom and closet.
Cost: $9,700

Miscellaneous

Mitchell Hall

Mitchell, located at 514 19th St., will be housing transfer students in its single rooms.
Cost: $9,700 for a single with common bath
$12,650 for a single with a private bath

Building JJ

Building JJ, at 2031 F St., will house only Greek organizations this year.
Cost: $9,700

The Dakota

At 2100 F St., the Dakota will house only registered affinity groups in its triples, quads and singles.
Cost: $11,500 for triples and quads. $13,800 for singles

Sophomores

Francis Scott Key Hall

Location: FSK is located at 600 20th St., around the corner from Carvings and Old Main. University Yard is one block away, and the White House is only four blocks away.
Rooms: FSK offers singles, doubles and quads. Each of the apartments has a kitchen, a single living area with beds and a bathroom.
Cost: $9,700 for quads; $11,500 for doubles; $13,800 for singles

Fulbright

Location: At 2223 H St., Fulbright is one block away from Gelman Library, the Foggy Bottom Metro stop and Lerner Health and Wellness Center. Whole Foods Market, Roti and Sweetgreen are also conveniently located one block north.
Rooms: All the rooms in Fulbright are triples. Each apartment has a living area and study alcove that can be used as a bedroom. There is also a kitchen and a bathroom.
Cost: $9,700

Guthridge Hall

Location: Located at 2115 F St., Guthridge neighbors 2109 F Street and is just a minute’s walk from FoBoGro, Kogan Plaza and Gelman Library.
Rooms: Residents are housed in singles, doubles and quads. Apartments vary from suites with a living room, one bedroom, large vestibule, kitchen and bathroom to a single, large living area with a kitchen and a bathroom.

JBKO

Location: JBKO, at 2222 I St., is across the street from the Foggy Bottom Metro station and Whole Foods Market, Roti and Sweetgreen. Burger Tap & Shake and District Commons are only a block away.
Rooms: JBKO contains doubles and quads. Each has either a large living area or a living area and study alcove that can serve as a bedroom. Each room has a kitchen, bathroom and closet.
Cost: $9,700 for quads; $11,500 for doubles

Munson Hall

Location: Munson is located at 2212 I St., next to JBKO and across from the Foggy Bottom Metro and The Avenue. Phillips, Rome and Smith Halls are one block away.
Rooms: Residents live in doubles and quads. Apartments vary greatly from living areas with study alcoves or bedrooms to large living areas with no bedrooms. Each suite has a bathroom, closet and kitchen.

Upperclassmen

West Hall

Location: West Hall is situated on the Mount Vernon Campus. It is home to Pelham Commons, which features the Vern’s all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch. West is right next to the tennis courts, outdoor swimming pool and sports field, making it easy to catch a soccer game and cheer on the Colonials.
Rooms: Residents live in four-person suites. Each suite features three or four single or double occupancy rooms, a bathroom, a living room and kitchenette. Floors have communal kitchens and lounges. The building also houses a gym, dining hall, package services and a black box theater.
Cost: $9,700

Philip Amsterdam

Location: At 2350 H St., Philip Amsterdam Hall sits on the same block as Lerner Health and Wellness Center. It is one block away from the Foggy Bottom Metro station and the food court at Ivory Tower. The Kennedy Center is a short walk away.
Rooms: While doubles and triples are available, 95 percent of residents will live in quads. The quads have two bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms and a kitchen.
Cost: $12,650 for a quad; $13,800 for a double or triple

Juniors & Seniors

Ivory Tower

Location: At 616 23rd St., Ivory Tower is across from Lerner Health and Wellness Center and a block from the Smith Center. It has a food court, so you don’t have to leave your building to get a meal.
Rooms: Ivory has doubles and quads, but almost all residents live in quads, each of which has a living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen.
Cost: $12,650 for a quad; $13,800 for a double

1959 E Street

Location: 1959 E Street – This residence hall is next to the Elliott School of International Affairs, a convenience store, Starbucks and Subway, with 7-Eleven just around the corner. The White House is only three blocks east and the National Mall is three blocks south.
Rooms: Singles, doubles, triples, quads and five-person suites are available. The majority of residents will live in apartment-style quads with at least two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area and a kitchen.
Cost: $12,650 for four- to five-person rooms; $13,800 for singles, doubles and triples

City Hall

Location: Students who enjoy spending time in Georgetown will like living in City Hall. Located at 950 24th St., it sits at the border of Foggy Bottom and Georgetown. Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods are fairly close, so getting groceries will never be an issue. The Foggy Bottom metro station, GW Hospital and a 7-Eleven are also nearby.
Rooms: All residents live in doubles. Most rooms have a living room, one bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. Some rooms even have balconies.
Cost: $13,800

South Hall

Location: South Hall is located at 2135 F St., around the corner from the Smith Center and directly across the street from FoBoGro and Anniversary Park. Square 80, Kogan Plaza and the Marvin Center are easily accessible.
Rooms: All residents will live in four- or five-person suites. Each apartment comes with single- or double-occupancy bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms, an eat-in kitchen and a washer and dryer unit.
Cost: $13,800