Local eateries to move blocks away

Three restaurants that GW will bulldoze in early 2014 to clear way for an office building will reopen near campus.

Thai Place will move around the block to 2102 L St., across from Bruegger’s and Bourbon Coffee, likely in September. The Indian and Pakistani restaurant Mehran plans to remain in Foggy Bottom but has not yet determined a location.

The Thai restaurant, bar and take-out eatery is still in the process of leasing the space. A Mehran employee, who declined to release her name but attributed the information to her manager, Kamaran Khan, also said the restaurant has not set a moving date.

Froggy Bottom Pub, which announced in June that it would move one block north of campus, has delayed its move from Pennsylvania Avenue to K Street.

The 26-year-old bar and restaurant initially planned to move over winter break and reopen by Feb. 1. Owner Hien Bui declined to comment on the moving delay or when Froggy will reopen at its new location at 2021 K St.

The fate of the iconic pub, known for its Monday special of half-priced pizza and beer, became uncertain last November after the University announced plans to demolish seven properties along Pennsylvania Avenue in 2014 and create a new office building.

Bui said in June that the pub’s classic menu options, such as pho and burgers, would carry over to its new site. It will also add lunch offerings like steak and salmon to appeal to an expanded clientele.