Profile on Style

Profile on Style is a weekly post that explores the motivations behind GW’s fashion trends. We’ll show you the most interesting aspects of GW style, and then try to make some sense of it all. Keep your eyes open for a reporter and photographer walking around, because you might become the latest trendsetter.

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Audrey Sze.

Nour AlRashed. Alexa Jaenicke | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Nour AlRashed
Year: 2013
Major: International business
Hometown: Kuwait
Outfit: Top, Forever 21; vest, JouJou; shades, Ray-Ban; leggings, American Apparel; flats, Urban Outfitters; bangles, Kate Spade

When we spotted Nour’s ensemble outside Starbucks, it was love at first sight. Dressed in all black save for a pop of blue, she exudes understated cool while softening her look with a swath of color. Apart from her play on tones, this fashionista is a master at mixing textures and fabrics, as her nylon leggings and leather vest combo proves. The pairing  adds a hot and edgy aura to the effortless on-the-go look. Finishing her outfit with a classic Michael Kors watch, some girly Kate Spade bangles, and a pair of versatile Ray-Ban sunglasses, Nour crafts the perfect girly-rocker ensemble.

Lauren Kohn. Alexa Jaenicke | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Lauren Kohn
Year: 2015
Major: English
Hometown: Los Angeles
Outfit: Shoes, Converse; shorts, belt, Urban Outfitters; bangles, Israel street vendors; top, Forever 21

Just because fall has arrived doesn’t mean the weather is always in accordance. We know that you’re eager to dive into your cozy knit sweaters, but it’s nice to show off some legs while the weather is still surprisingly sunny and warm. Channeling a laid-back vintage vibe, this California-native was turning heads in Kogan, where we found her soaking in some sun on this particularly summery fall afternoon. This fashion-foward sophomore perfectly accessorizes her tie-dye denim cut-offs with a skinny cheetah-print, balancing two busy prints with a basic black top. She also rocks her “favorite dirty converse high-tops” with a pair of fun striped socks, and finishes her look with a mob of bangles, reinforcing Coco Chanel’s mantra that “the more accessories you have, the better you look.”

Mandy Leiter. Alexa Jaenicke | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Mandy Leiter
Year: 2015
Major: Undecided
Hometown: Los Angeles
Outfit: Shirt, shoes, Gap; pants, Caitlin Boutique; watch, Tissot

We spotted Mandy as she made her way to class, effortlessly styling some of fall’s biggest trends. We couldn’t help but drool over her floral-print jeans, in a fall-appropriate grey tone, which she perfectly pairs off with neutral brown flats and a basic red top to balance the statement-piece bottoms. Mandy smartly tops off her look with an over-sized menswear watch, adding a touch of femininity with a few bangles and bracelets. Finally, this Los Angeles native solidifies her ensemble with a studded necklace.  The daring print and the bold accessories gives a girly twist to this fall must-have look.