The guy behind GW Ask a Guy

GW girls: Need some answers to your love life woes?

Submit your relationship, sex and dating queries to a group of men on GWAskaGuy.com, created by a master’s of business administration student who looks to answer commonly asked questions from a male mindset. He asked to remain anonymous due to the nature of his website.

The website has received 90 questions and about 1,200 hits in just 10 days.

“I think in general, girls don’t understand guys too much. Honestly, we’re very simple, and half the time – or most of the time – things are very complicated, because the girl doesn’t understand the guy or there’s been miscommunication,” the student said.

He said he created the website after noticing that many of the conversations he overheard while walking around campus centered on relationships. And he realized girls were giving other girls advice – creating an absence of male feedback.

The current group of contributors consists of five “GW guys”: three graduate and two undergraduate students, ages 19 to 25, including one student athlete and one fraternity member. They split input based on whose expertise is most valuable to the questioner.

“I was like, ‘Listen, you guys need to help me. Let me just forward you some questions.’ Because some of them are from freshmen, and maybe a sophomore is better equipped to answer,” he said.

While the student said the questions generally fall into the categories of the male mindset and sex, he added that some have proved more difficult to answer than others. The questions on the site range from the innocent, “What do you think of girls who wear heels to class?” to, “Do guys like to sleep with girls on the first date?”

Users have submitted more explicit questions about sex, but they haven’t been posted on the site yet, the student said.

The website is already spreading to other online media outlets, with Facebook and Twitter accounts in the development process. The creator also said he plans to increase the number of contributors and add a feature that would allow girls to ask questions to specific male archetypes, such as “athlete,” “frat boy” or “pretty boy.” A University of Maryland “Ask a Guy” website is also in the works.

“This [website] came to spread communication. It can be for anything, especially in D.C. It doesn’t just have to be girls asking guys things,” he said. “There’s things I want to know about other types of people, especially in such a diverse area, but you can’t ask them because everyone is so scared of being politically incorrect or offending others.”