Profile on Style

Molly Bock. Carly Lisnow | Hatchet Photographer

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Julie Alderman.

Name: Molly Bock
Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz.
Year: 2016
Major: Business
Outfit: vest, Urban Outfitters; shirt, Nordstrom; shorts, Forever 21; sunglasses, Ray Ban; shoes, Birkenstock; bracelet, Spain

Bringing a modern twist to a fashion throwback, Molly balances the delicate and intricate nature of her vest with the harsher simplicity of her top and shoes. The incoming freshman complements the top half of her look with a pair of jean shorts – a must-have for any trendsetter. The Phoenix native says she likes to bring an international flare to her outfits with her super exotic jewelry. Pairing rounded aviator sunglasses with Birkenstocks, Molly makes a ’60s-esque style look modern and up-to-date, and pulls together individual garments to create a seamless outfit.

Name: Alexandria Taliaferro

Alexandria Taliaferro. Carly Lisnow | Hatchet Photographer

Hometown: Bronx, N.Y.
Year: 2016
Major: Theater, philosophy
Outfit: shoes, thrift store; skirt, Walmart; top, Forever 21; bag, vintage

For many, the graphic tee might be enough to make any outfit, but not for our next fashionista Alexandria. Sprucing up a classic graphic tee with a high-waisted skirt brings a classy touch to what may otherwise be a simpler outfit. The men’s style shoe is a perfect way to add some contrast to the feminine look. The combination of the blue skirt – a versatile and flirty fashion staple – and Alexandria’s slicked back hair make her look chic and ready to hit the books. Alexandria says she draws her influence from star Zoe Saldana, but maybe Zoe should be calling Alexandria for some tips.

Name: Cara Fortuna
Hometown: Atlanta, Ga.
Year: 2016
Major: Theater

Cara Fortuna. Carly Lisnow | Hatchet Photographer

Outfits: shorts, American Apparel; shoes, DSW; top, Hard Rock Hotel; bag, Lucky

Cara’s outfit is the perfect fusion of trendy and casual. Cara claims that her number one objective is comfort when putting together an outfit, but the freshman proves that even the coziest outfit can be achieved without sacrificing style. Her white tennis shoes are perfect for pounding the pavement, and paired with classic high-wasited jean shorts, they create a retro vibe to the overall laid back style. The combination of the graphic tee and the shorts show how it’s easy to spice up any vacation shirt. The practical bag brings an extra air of style to the edgy but easy look.