Profile on Style

Profile on Style is a weekly post that explores the motivations behind GW’s fashion trends. We’ll show you the most interesting aspects of GW style, and then try to make some sense of it all. Keep your eyes open for a reporter and photographer walking around because you might become the latest trendsetter.

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Samantha Hatton.

The spring semester is coming to a close, and it’s been a fashion-filled few months. As we prepare for summer, we can take a cue from these trendsetters:

Zohra Roy. Bryan Hoechner | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Zohra Roy
Hometown: Queens, N.Y.
Year: 2015
Major: Environmental studies and women’s studies
Outfit: Jeans, shoes, H&M; shirt, Forever 21; bag, vintage

We found freshman Zohra Roy enjoying the beautiful weather in a pair of straight-leg jeans. The mint color fit in perfectly with this season’s pastel color palate and the jeans’ high waist made them the focus of the outfit. Roy kept her outfit simple and fresh by wearing a white T-shirt. The chain detailing on her metallic cross-body bag added some New York edge to the springy look. On the band of her jeans, Roy pinned a Campaign GW “Go Green” button to show her support for on-campus Earth Day festivities.

Sam Seker. Bryan Hoechner | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Sam Seker
Hometown: Somerset, N.J.
Year: 2013
Major: Event management
Outfit: Shorts, H&M; bag, Aldo; shoes, Marshalls; necklace, HauteLook

Keeping with the popular fashion trend, junior Sam Seker sported a high-waisted silhouette with a pair of tan shorts. The pleat details and fastened bow made for a dynamic pair of shorts, which Seker complemented with a simple tank top. Her neutral-toned sandals were perfect for the sunny weather. Keeping with the warm, natural colors of the rest of her look, Seker accessorized with a sparkling patterned cross-body bag from Aldo. She topped off her outfit with a gold necklace, adorned with a pendant that read, “Laugh as much as you breathe.”

Stefanie Faro. Bryan Hoechner | Hatchet Photographer

Name: Stefanie Faro
Hometown: Boston
Year: 2015
Major: Undecided
Outfit: Jeans, Blank; shoes, Tory Burch; shirt, Patterson J. Kincaid; sunglasses, Carrera; watch, ToyWatch

Brightening up the corner of F and 20thstreets, freshman Stefanie Faro wears a pair of richly colored cobalt blue jeans. Her T-shirt contained traces of the same tone of blue within the tie-dye pattern along the neckline. To keep from competing with the colors in the rest of look, Faro opted for black Tory Burch sandals and black and white sunglasses. She spiced up her looked with a simple white watch from ToyWatch.