Spring Break Guide: Party: Cancun, Mexico

Under $1500

Dates: Five nights on the week of March 10
At the end of the day, who doesn’t enjoy a sunny vacation partying alongside other youngsters? Cancun remains a top tropical party destination for a reason.

Maybe you think the quintessential party destinations are overdone, or perhaps you already did them in high school, but this spring break, give Cancun another chance.

It is one of those rare sunny destinations with a variety of activities, nighttime – and daytime – debauchery and truly pristine beaches. For those looking to relax or enjoy typical beach activities, there are spas, snorkeling and tanning galore. In fact, Cancun is so popular for students that there are travel companies for students that feature it prominently. Check out this trip organized by StudentCity.

Travel and Lodging

Flight

• Roundtrip airfare from the Washington area (DCA, DUL or BWI) is included, with fees and taxes covered.

Oasis Cancun Resort

• Five all-inclusive nights at StudentCity’s headquarters hotel are included. You don’t have to worry about paying for food or beverages while you’re at the hotel, and there are eight restaurants to choose from. The hotel claims to have the biggest pool in Cancun, and it is located 10 minutes from the airport with a short taxi ride to shopping and nightlife. Located on Boulevard Kukulkan.
Cost: $1062
Based on four adult travelers per room. Two adults: $1,272 per person.

Partying

CityPass

• Why wait in line and pay cover charges if you don’t have to? If you are looking to splurge a little more, try getting CityPass for VIP entrance into eight of Cancun’s biggest clubs and dance parties. Covers typically range from $30 to $60 anyway, so you may not be saving a ton of cash, but lines can sometimes take up to two hours of waiting.

If you’ve only got five nights, you don’t want to spend part of each of them wishing you were partying.

Gold-level CityPass

• Skip the line at the entrance to clubs, get VIP treatment
Cost: $239

Platinum-level CityPass

• VIP entrance to the clubs, plus attendance at a celebrity performance at The City (check events before booking)

Total: $1,301

Including meals and beverages, excluding extra spending money