Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

10/17/11 – 6:57 p.m. Location: Thurston Hall Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to an anonymous complainant reporting drugs in a room. A community director conducted an administrative search, yielding 26 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Referred for disciplinary action

Drug Law Violation/]Receiving Stolen Property

10/18/11 – 12:15 p.m. Location: 1959 E St. Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a request to help a community director conduct an administrative search. The search found marijuana residue and drug paraphernalia, as well as a radio that belonged to the University.
Referred for disciplinary action

Harassment

10/18/11 – 5 p.m. Location: Off campus Case closed

A student reported that an alumnus was bothering him on the Metro because the alumnus was not admitted to the student’s fraternity.
Off-campus incident

Unlawful Entry

10/19/11 – 11:10 p.m. Location:
Gelman Library Starbucks Case closed

UPD responded to a report from Starbucks staff about a subject who was previously barred for sleeping in the cafe. The subject was escorted from the building.
Subject barred from campus

Theft/Fraud

10/20/11 – 12:24 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Location: Duques Hall Case closed

A staff member reported her credit cards were stolen from her office. One of the credit cards was used fraudulently after the theft.
No suspects or witnesses

Robbery

10/22/11 – 5:36 a.m.Location: Off campusCase closed

A complainant unaffiliated with GW reported to the Metropolitan Police Department and UPD that a subject assaulted him and took his wallet. Bystanders intervened and retrieved his wallet, and the unknown subject fled the area.
Off-campus incident

Assault/Liquor Law Violation

10/23/11 – 2:13 a.m. Location: JBKO Hall Case closed

UPD responded to a report of loud noise, and officers observed alcohol in plain view. The room’s occupants were assessed and one subject unaffiliated with GW was transported to GW Hospital. A student was arrested for becoming combative while officers assessed the first subject.
Closed by arrest

Compiled by Jacqueline Drayer