Medical Faculty Associates to offer medical services in Kuwait

A defense contractor awarded the Medical Faculty Associates a $76-million subcontract in Kuwait this month.

The agreement hired the Medical Faculty Associates to manage emergency medical services for eight American military facilities in the Middle Eastern country.

ITT Corporation, an engineering and manufacturing conglomerate whose assets topped $12.4 billion in 2010, also provides water treatment services and develops satellite technology in addition to defense contracting.

“We greatly appreciate ITT’s recognition that the GW-MFA is the best organization to run the Emergency Medical Services operation on this program,” James Marinucci, Medical Faculty Associates director of international programs, said.

The Medical Faculty Associates’ Department of Emergency Medicine will operate 17 ambulances throughout Kuwait that will service military personnel near each base. The department – members of which conduct research, teach and do private consulting – will also provide medical training for physicians and nurses in the area.

The deal is a slice of a $1.4-billion Kuwait Base Operations and Security Support Services contract awarded to ITT by the Army.

“ITT and the personnel in Kuwait can expect world-class medical operations support with a focus on education and training,” Marinucci said.

The Department of Emergency Medicine is also currently hiring for positions in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Representatives from ITT Corporation did not return requests for comment.