Profile on Style: After the Hurricane

Samantha Levison. Jordan Emont | Assistant Photo Editor

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Regina Fong.

Profile on Style is a weekly post that explores the motivations behind GW’s fashion trends. We’ll show you the most interesting aspects of GW style, and then try to make some sense of it all. Keep your eyes open for a reporter and photographer walking around because you might become the latest trendsetter.

Name: Samantha Levison
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Palo Alto, Calif.
Wearing: Dress, Calvin Klein; wallet, Michael Kors; Flip flops, Rainbows; earrings, Nordstrom
Influence: Urban Outfitters

Samantha Levison is seen wearing a bright red dress that frames her silhouette. The color of the dress is simple but eye-catching and makes the look casual chic. She pairs her outfit with a Michael Kors wallet that matches the color of her sandals. The dress itself is very versatile. It can be worn casually, but paired with the right accessories and shoes, it’s great for a fancy night out.

Whitney Drazovich. Jordan Emont | Assistant Photo Editor

Name: Whitney Drazovich
Year: Sophomore
Major: Communications
Hometown: Palo Alto, Calif.
Wearing: Sunglasses, Free People; necklace, House of Harlow; shirt, Gap; jeans, Gap; Bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs; sandals, Nordstrom
Influence: Her friends

Whitney Drazovich keeps her outfit simple by tucking a light-colored tee into a dark-wash skinny jean. This creates contrast, but also allows her to accessorize. The plain look of her shirt is a good way to showcase her stunning necklace, which adds vibrant color. Her bag, though simple in shape, is embroidered with metallic thread. This addition to her ensemble is perfect for these sunny days.

Emma Todorovich Jordan Emont | Assistant Photo Editor

Name: Emma Todorovich
Year: Sophomore
Major: Undecided
Hometown: Scarsdale, N.Y.
Wearing: Shorts, Citizen Jeans; glasses, Calvin Klein; shirt, Joie; bag, Michael Kors; Flip flops, Havaianas
Influence: Casual Chic

As fall quickly approaches D.C., we must take advantage of the last few weeks of shorts weather. To prepare yourself for the cooler nights, though, you could pair your outfit with a lightweight cotton T-shirt that will give you a look of effortless casual style. Here, Emma Todorovich keeps her look simple by choosing a tee with thick red stripes, which gives her some added color without going overboard.