Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of The Aston

The Aston, Carbon Monoxide
Jordan Emont | Assistant Photo Editor

The Aston residence hall was evacuated at about 11:45 a.m. after carbon monoxide levels escalated, but no incidents of poisoning from the gas have been reported.

The D.C. Fire Department shut down a malfunctioning hot water heater in the residence hall, according to a Campus Advisory, and the fire marshal and health and safety units will remain on scene until the the building becomes safe for reoccupation.

The Aston houses GW Law School students.

The Hatchet has disabled comments on our website. Learn more.