What shouldn’t I do? Best of the crime log

The Hatchet’s weekly crime log keeps a tab on campus crime, including some one-of-a-kind cases. Below is a list of the year’s most memorable crimes.

Unlawful Entry

8/28/10 – 11 p.m., Location: University Mall, Case closed.
University Police officers responded to a report of a disorderly woman attacking people with her umbrella. They discovered she was previously barred from campus. Closed by arrest

Indecent Exposure

9/24/10 – 2:59 a.m., Location: Thurston Hall, Case closed.
UPD officers responded to a report of individuals “streaking through the hallways.” The officers identified and questioned the students, who then admitted to streaking. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Assault

10/08/10 – 5 p.m., Location: Public property on campus, Case closed.
UPD received a report from a complainant unaffiliated with GW, stating that her employee was on campus to promote an event, when two unknown subjects followed her employee and spit on her as she handed out flyers. No identifiable suspects

Disorderly Conduct

10/24/10 – 1:07 a.m., Location: Public property on campus, Case closed.
UPD officers observed a student ripping down fliers from a board outside of the SMPA building, punching a street sign and shaking a planted tree. When confronted, the student told officers he was upset by the outcome of a Philadelphia Phillies baseball game. Referred to SJS

Destruction

12/13/10 – Time unknown, Location: Thurston Hall, Case closed.
A student reported to UPD that his former roommates damaged several of his posters and threw out his food. Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

4/10/11 – 6:20 a.m., Location: International House, Case closed.
UPD officers responded to a report of a water leak. Officers inspected the building and found a student in a bathtub with water running from both the sink and tub faucets. The student, who admitted to consuming alcohol, told officers he was simply completing his nightly ritual. The student was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Harassment

4/15/11 – Multiple times, Location: West Hall, Case closed.
A student reported to UPD that another student repeatedly knocked on his door and e-mailed his mother. Referred to SJS