What should I do during my spare time in CI?

FIRST CI: JUNE 14 to 16

June 14: D.C. Flag Day Celebration

The three stars and two bars on the D.C. flag may be a complete mystery to you, but more than a few locals sport the flag – and George Washington’s family crest – to show their D.C. love. Whether their tattoos are a stand in support of representation, love of the local music scene or a late-night mistake, the inked and non-inked alike gather for a Flag Day celebration in Dupont Circle. | Free — 6 to 8 p.m.

June 15: Lucky Dub at The Red Palace

A little bit GW and a lot local, D.C. band Lucky Dub takes the stage at The Red Palace June 15 for an 18+ concert. Take this opportunity to see how some students spend their time and what exactly the District music scene is stirring up, as this funk-inspired band rocks the stage along with local band Elikeh. | $10 — Doors open 8:30 p.m.

June 15: The Golden Triangle Summer Concert Series

“Free,” “summer” and “concert” are three words that pretty much overwhelm most of the District’s summer music scene. The Golden Triangle Business Improvement District, a nonprofit meant to enrich the Golden Triangle neighborhood for its residents and visitors, presents the funk-pop group Monster Band in Farragut Square Park for an entertaining evening in the heart of D.C. | Free — 5:30 p.m.

June 17: Yards Park Friday Night Concert Series

If you’re still in the city and are craving yet another free summer concert or searching for an outdoor activity, check out the boardwalk stage at Yards Park in southeast D.C. for this concert series featuring the pop band, The Congress. Georgetown restaurant Mie N Yu will host a beer and sangria garden for those of age, so bring your friends or parents and kick back beside the Anacostia River. | Free — 6 p.m.

SECOND CI: JUNE 20 to 22

Throughout June: Booty Candy at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre

While it’s no “Equus” with Daniel Radcliffe, Robert O’Hara’s “Booty Candy” does feature nudity as it explores “growing up gay and African American” through a series of sex education lessons. If you’re yearning for theatrics, be sure to check out this comedy right by the National Mall. | $30+ — 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., dates vary; call 202-393-3939

June 21: The Spits perform with TV Ghost at The Black Cat

The U Street corridor offers a multitude of venues for good music, good food and all-around good nights. Check out The Black Cat as the punk-rock band The Spits takes the stage with TV Ghost for an edgier night on the town. If the bands are too much for you, take a step into The Black Cat’s Food for Thought Café for a few vegetarian specialties and traditional bar fare. | $12 — 8:30 p.m.

June 22: Woody Allen Mini Film Fest at the Artisphere

So, it’s not technically in D.C., but if you can get to it only one stop away on the Metro, you may as well try it out. Test your navigation skills and head out to Arlington, Va. to catch Woody Allen’s “Manhattan” at the Artisphere’s Dome Theatre near the Rosslyn Metro stop on the blue and orange lines. | $6 — 8 p.m.

June 22: Nationals play the Mariners

There’s a place for sports enthusiasts, too! If you’re not into the arts scene, and you miss the traditional American pastime, head out to the Nationals Stadium to watch the District’s own baseball team play the Mariners. Grab a hot dog and a soda, keep an eye out for stray balls and kick back to enjoy a good old game of baseball. | $10+ — 7:05 p.m.

Third CI: JUNE 26 to 28

June 26: Earth, Wind & Fire at Wolftrap

Earth, Wind & Fire may have come to your attention through your parents, but the band’s 40th anniversary tour is sure to showcase the eclectic band’s Grammy award-winning talents. The show is sure to draw a crowd of all kinds at Wolftrap’s uniquely-named venue in Vienna, Va. While it will take a Metro trip and a short bus ride, the reward of seeing these rock and roll legends is sure to be worth it. | $30+ — 8 p.m.

June 28: Salsa lessons at the Artisphere

Head out to Arlington, Va. and see if you can follow the rhythm during this weekly salsa class at the Artisphere. A 3,000 square foot swanky ballroom is beckoning! DJ Mike “El Sonero” will spin the best dance tracks afterwards, so get ready to sweat and shake it on the dance floor. | $8 — 7:30 p.m.

June 28: ‘Night at the Museum’ plays for The U Street Outdoor Movie Series

Who doesn’t love when they recognize what they see in films? Check out “Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian” on V Street between 13th and 14th streets and get ready to shout, “I’ve been there!” The U Street Outdoor Movie Series is a great way to check out another popular neighborhood for something uniquely D.C. | Free — gates open at 7 p.m.

Fourth CI: JUNE 30 to July 2

June 30: FRESHFARM market at the White House

FRESHFARM holds markets throughout the year in various District locations, including Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom, but if you’re looking for a novel experience to share with your parents or your new friends, head over to Vermont Avenue near the White House for a taste of locally grown fare. | Free — 3 to 7 p.m.

July 1: Dance Party at the 9:30 Club

If you’re craving a little physical exertion, old-school style, head over to U Street for a ’90s dance party at the 9:30 Club. The party originated back in 2004, when DJs Will Eastman and Brian Billion sought to entertain the crowds with a few ’90s guilty pleasures. So, put on your dancing shoes and get ready for a blast from the past. | $15 — 9 p.m.

July 2: D.C. United plays Philadelphia Union

Whether you call it soccer or football, D.C. United is ready to take it home as they face off against Philadelphia Union at the RFK Stadium. Bring your team spirit, and get ready to yell as you head out to support your new home soccer team when they play in the MLS regular season. | $15 in advance with a valid .edu e-mail address, $20 at the door with student ID or $23 regular price — 7 p.m.