Where to eat in D.C.

Kinkeads

Conveniently located at the 2000 Penn complex on campus, Kinkead’s specializes in quality seafood dishes, like grilled mahi mahi and Vietnamese-style tuna tartare. There are also a number of meat and vegetarian options. The restaurant is headed by James Beard Award-winner Bob Kinkead.
2000 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

Blue Duck Tavern

Enjoy a fine dining experience at the Blue Duck Tavern, where a homey atmosphere gives way to excellent farm-to-table entrees, such as a soft-shell crab BLT and a braised rabbit sourced locally from Grassential Farm in Maryland. The restaurant also has an excellent brunch that you can enjoy any time during Commencement weekend.
1201 24th St., NW

Filomena

Known for its famous pasta mamas who make all their pastas in house, Filomena is a great place to get a satisfying Italian meal and watch the masters at work. Overlooking the C&O Canal in Georgetown, Filomena is consistently ranked one of the best restaurants in D.C.
1063 Wisconsin Ave., NW

The Tombs

Well-known by Georgetown University students (but welcoming to GW students), the Tombs is an excellent place to enjoy a laid-back meal. Along with burgers and fries, the Tombs provides a variety of fresh ingredient dishes like jumbo lump crab cakes and vegetable lasagna.
1226 36th St., NW

Bodega

Those looking for something a little different should try Bodega, a Spanish tapas lounge. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere, flat-screen televisions playing La Liga “fútbol” games over the bar and a menu of small plates. Choose a number of tapas to share around the table and be sure to get a glass of the sangria.
3116 M St., NW