JEC approves final candidate list

The governing board that oversees the upcoming Student Association, Program Board, Class Council, and Marvin Center Governing Board elections approved Sunday the list of official candidates for the upcoming student elections.

After determining the legitimacy of the signatures that candidates had to submit from their constituencies, the JEC approved 51 candidates for the SA – 39 for senator positions, seven for president and five for executive vice president–  two for PB, four for MGCB and six for CC. Seven candidates’ petitions were determined invalid and not placed on the ballot.

Keith Osentoski, Pierre Doriscat Jr, Reem Ghoneim, Alexander Bradley Canales, James Reed, Katrina Valdes and Shawn Kelly were disqualified from their respective races.

Candidates were determined invalid if they turned their registration in past Monday at noon or after the extended registration period on Friday at 5 p.m.

“JEC is glad to announce the amount of people who have registered this year,” JEC treasurer Ari Kasper said. “We’re excited about the increase in candidates for major positions.”

Students will be able to write-in candidates for seats that have no registered candidates – College of Professional Studies, undergraduate and graduate, School of Medicine and Health Sciences undergraduate, School of Nursing, Marvin Center Governing Board graduate and the Graduate School of Education and Human Development.

Elections will be held on March 9 and 10.