Spotlight On: Forbidden Planet Productions

Senior Stephanie Landry has been a part of Forbidden Planet Productions, one of three student theater organizations, for the past four years. Hatchet arts puts the co-executive producer under the spotlight as FPP’s fall season comes to a close.

Hatchet arts: Why did you decide to join FPP?

Stephanie Landry: My freshman year, I tried all three companies. and I really liked FPP. It was extremely fun and extremely inclusive. It was a phenomenal experience for me, especially during my freshman year, when I didn’t know what was going on.

Hatchet: What is your favorite part of FPP?

SL: Every year we do our “Annual Musical Cabaret.” We do it in the spring semester. It’s between eight and 10 different songs from different musicals, all directed by different people and usually with different casts. It’s really fun to get a sampling of the best songs from the best musicals.

Hatchet: Greatest FPP performance so far this season?

SL: I would have to say “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” It’s an FPP tradition. This was our 16th year, and it has become a GW tradition every Halloween.

Hatchet: What is your favorite memory with FPP?

SL: I think one of my favorite memories. is during Obama’s election. It was a tech week for us, so there was a bunch of people in the [Lisner] Downstage working. As soon as it was official, we all ran out of the Downstage and to the White House. We’re obviously dedicated to the show, but no one cares in light of the fact that there’s an election going on.

Hatchet: What is the most unique aspect of FPP?

SL: We’re a very inclusive company, and we have a lot of fun. We do theater because we want to, and it’s a hobby of ours.

Hatchet: Where do you see FPP in 10 years?

SL: In 10 years, I hope we’re still, generally speaking, in the place we are now. As long as everyone’s still having fun and loving FPP, that’s all that matters.