Small fire breaks out on Lisner stage

D.C. Firefighters respond to a fire in Lisner Auditorium Thursday | Jordan Emont | Hatchet Staff Photographer

A small fire broke out in Lisner Auditorium Thursday afternoon due to an overheated light fixture, D.C. Fire spokesman Pete Piringer said.

“There was no major fire, nothing to be alarmed about,” Piringer said, adding that the auditorium had no damage.

A stage technician, who declined to give his name, said he was on the main stage when the fire started.

“We saw the fire, we put it out with a fire extinguisher, we followed the protocol,” he said.

The Hatchet has disabled comments on our website. Learn more.