Jimmy Carter book reading rescheduled

The postponed book reading with former President Jimmy Carter in Lisner Auditorium has been rescheduled for Nov. 29, though in an alternate venue in the District.

Carter will read excerpts from his new book “White House Diary” and discuss details of his presidency during a reading at the Lincoln Theatre on U Street. Carter was scheduled to appear for a sold-out reading in Lisner Auditorium Sept. 29, during a nationwide media tour. Two days prior to the scheduled talk, Carter was abruptly hospitalized after falling ill with an upset stomach on a flight to Ohio.

Though initial reports indicated that Carter would resume his scheduled book tour in D.C. the following day, medical staff recommended that the 86-year-old stay in the Cleveland hospital for observation, and his Foggy Bottom talk was cancelled

Students who purchased tickets to the September reading in Lisner Auditorium will have their tickets honored at the upcoming event.

“GW students that purchased tickets at the Lisner box office may use those tickets to attend the November event at the Lincoln Theatre, or they may return to the Lisner box office for a refund of the ticket cost,” University spokeswoman Courtney Bowe said.

Bowe said ticket refunds will be available at the Lisner box office until Dec. 22 for those who do not want to attend the talk on U Street.