Crime Log

Burglary

10/19/10 – 6:07 p.m. Location: Rice Hall – Case open

The University Police Department responded to a report of a missing laptop. After an investigation of the building, officers found pry marks on the back door of an office suite. Other staff members also reported laptops missing from their offices.
-Open case

10/19/10 – Time unknown Location: 2033 K St. – Case closed

A staff member reported to UPD that he counted his money and placed it in an unlocked box and noticed the money was missing the next day.
-Referred to Metropolitan Police Department

Unlawful Entry

10/20/10 – 1:48 p.m. Location: Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven) – Case closed

UPD barred a subject who was harassing employees at the 7-Eleven located in Mitchell Hall.

10/21/10 – 7:23 a.m. Location: Rice Hall – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious subject in the lobby of Rice Hall. Officers found the subject outside of the Medical Faculty Associates building and barred the subject from campus. The subject was later determined to be a released patient from GW Hospital.
-Subject barred from campus

Drug Law Violation

10/22/10 – 3:33 a.m. Location: Guthridge Hall – Case closed

UPD officers noticed the smell of marijuana in the rear of Guthridge Hall. Upon entering the building, officers concluded that the smell was emanating from a particular room. GW Housing Programs conducted an administrative search yielding 4.6 grams of marijuana, a smoking device, alcohol and a plastic pellet pistol.
-Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

10/22/10 – 4:03 a.m. Location: Kogan Plaza – Case closed

UPD observed a student vomiting in Kogan Plaza. The student admitted to drinking alcohol when confronted by officers and was transported to GW Hospital.
-Referred to SJS

Disorderly Conduct

10/23/10 – 1:44 a.m. Location: Public property on campus – Case closed

UPD officers observed a male subject urinating on a column located at 1917 F St. The individual stated he was not affiliated with GW when confronted by officers, but pulled out his GWorld card when officers began to bar him from campus.
-Referred to SJS

10/24/10 – 1:07 a.m. Location: Public property on campus – Case closed

UPD officers observed a student rip down fliers from a board outside of the SMPA building, punch a street sign and shake a planted tree. When confronted by officers, the student expressed that he was upset by the outcome of a Philadelphia Phillies baseball game.
-Referred to SJS

Robbery, force & violence

10/24/10 – Between 12:30 and 6:30 a.m. Location: Off campus – Case closed

A student reported to UPD that he was drinking in a bar and later woke up at GW Hospital with injuries. His wallet was also missing.
-No suspects or witnesses

Sex Abuse

10/24/10 – 10:55 p.m. Location: Off campus – Case closed

A student reported she was sexually assaulted on separate occasions by two different male subjects at an off-campus club called Sweet Spot.
-Referred to MPD

Compiled by Sydney Green