Restaurant signs lease for space in The Avenue

The final retail lease in the residential portion of The Avenue development was signed last week, and the building is set to begin pre-leasing apartments in February.

Circa, an American cuisine restaurant with locations in Dupont Circle and Clarendon, Va., will join Sweetgreen and Citibank in the mixed-use building near GW Hospital.

Circa will take up 4,190 square feet of the property and will face I Street. Sweetgreen, a popular salad chain with other locations in the District, and Roti, a Mediterranean grill, will also be located on I street, taking up 1,676 and 2,471 square feet respectively, Richard Ellis, project manager of development for Boston Properties, said.

In the same part of the mixed-use development, a Citibank branch will face 23rd Street, Ellis added.

Bozzuto Management and Boston Properties will also begin pre-leasing the studio, one, two and three-bedroom model apartments this winter. The prices for the apartments have not been finalized yet, but leasing will be available to interested students.

The two 12-story residential towers will collectively have 335 apartments, according to the property’s website.

Other retailers in the office space part of the development include the NIH Federal Credit Union, Whole Foods and the eatery Devon & Blakely.

The building is still set to open in May, Ellis said.