The Economist ranks GWSB MBA program No. 73 in the world

The Master of Business Administration program at the GW School of Business is one of the best MBA programs in the country, according to rankings by The Economist.

The popular news magazine ranked GW’s MBA program No. 38 in North America, and No. 73 worldwide.

In specific categories, GWSB fared even better, ranking first in the world for diversity of recruiters, No. 6 for the school’s large alumni network and 17th worldwide for student diversity.

“We are thrilled to be recognized in this very important publication,” Associate Director of Media Relations Caroline Broder said. “GWSB continues to be recognized in the rankings in several publications.”

This is the first time GWSB has been listed in The Economist’s rankings of full-time MBA programs. More than 130 business schools around the world were surveyed and rated based on feedback from alumni, students and schools.

“Our alumni and students have a passion for changing the world, highlighting the value of the GW experience,” said Murat Tarimcilar, associate dean of graduate programs at the GWSB, in a press release.

Tarimcilar added, “Although rankings are just one measure of success, we are pleased to have the hard work of our students, faculty and alumni reflected in the rankings. This solidifies our reputation for excellence.”