Hatchet Recipes Margherita Pizza with Rosemary-Garlic Crust

Since you are what you
eat, why not be the best. With its silky melted cheese topping and fresh rosemary and roasted garlic crust, this pizza will make neighbors flock to your door just to take a whiff of the tantalizing aroma. Basil adds a nice scent and the feta cheese packs a briny punch of flavor.

Ingredients

• 1 package of Trader Joe’s pizzadough
  • 1 head of garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Flour
  • 1 rosemary sprig
  • Tomato sauce
  • Fresh basil
  • 1 to 2 tomatoes
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Feta cheese (optional)
  • Flour, salt, and pepper

Directions

1. Allow the dough to come to room temperature. In the meantime, heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut off the top of the wider end of the garlic head, revealing all of the garlic cloves. Tightly wrap them in aluminum foil with some olive oil and salt. Roast for 15 minutes. When the garlic is cool, you can squeeze out the cloves.
3. Flour the working surface as well as the dough for the crust. Flatten the dough with your hands or a rolling pin – I used the olive oil bottle.
4. Roughly chop the rosemary and garlic and press them into the pizza crust with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
5. Bake the crust on a floured pizza pan or baking sheet for 6-7 minutes.
6. Top the crust with a little tomato sauce, chopped basil, tomato slices, lots of shredded cheese, more tomato slices, and feta cheese crumbles. Bake until the cheese is melted and begins to brown. If you have an old, unreliable GW oven you may need to rotate the pie to promote even cooking.
7. When the crust comes out of the oven, scatter freshly ripped basil leaves and conclude with a drizzle of olive oil. Good pizza is a simple proportion: less box, more flavor.