Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

9/01/2010 – 11:55 a.m. Location: West End Case closed

The University Police Department responded to GW Housing Programs staff to assist with an administrative search and discovered 3.5 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services

9/06/2010 – 12:15 a.m. Location: Philip Amsterdam Hall Case closed

UPD responded to a call to assist GW Housing Programs staff with an administrative search and found 0.2 grams of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia. Referred to SJS

Theft

9/03/2010 – Time unknown Location: Marvin Center garage Case closed

A student reported to University Police that he parked his vehicle in the garage of the Marvin Center and when he returned, the driver’s side rear window was broken. He also discovered that his laptop and books were missing. Referred to the Metropolitan Police Department

9/06/2010 – 10:30 p.m. Location: Somers Hall Case open

A student reported to University Police that she left her key in a study lounge and when she returned it was missing. Open case

9/06/2010 – Time unknown Location: 24th and I streets Case closed

A male unaffiliated with GW reported to UPD that he locked his bicycle to a street sign and discovered that his bike was missing upon his return. No suspects or witnesses

Liquor Law Violation

9/04/2010 – 1:40 a.m. Location: Marvin Center Case closed

UPD observed an intoxicated subject unaffiliated with GW who was then assessed and transported to the GW Hospital. No further action

9/04/2010 – 10:27 p.m. Location: Potomac House Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated student. She was assessed on site and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Disorderly Conduct

9/04/2010 – 8:30 p.m. Location: University Yard Case closed

UPD observed a male subject urinating in the rear of Corcoran Hall. The subject, unaffiliated with GW, fled when confronted by officers and was subsequently apprehended. Subject barred from campus

Sex Abuse

9/05/2010 – 4 a.m. Location: Ivory Tower Case closed

A former GW student reported to UPD that she was assaulted by an acquaintance. Referred to MPD

Assault

9/06/2010 – 2:14 a.m. Location: 19th and F streets Case closed

UPD responded to a traffic accident near the intersection of 19th and F streets. It was determined that a passenger of one of the vehicles involved had assaulted a witness of the accident. The victim did not wish to press charges. Referred to MPD

Robbery

9/06/2010 – 7:30 p.m. Location: 23rd and H streets Case closed

UPD responded to a report of two subjects who allegedly grabbed a cell phone from an individual as she was holding it. The victim was not affiliated with GW and a lookout was issued to officers. One suspect involved in the robbery was apprehended on 21st and H streets and was determined to be a 15-year-old male also unaffiliated with GW. Closed by arrest

Indecent Exposure

9/07/2010 – 12:50 p.m. Location: 19th and E streets Case closed

A woman unaffiliated with GW reported to UPD that a male subject exposed himself to her while she was seated in a parked vehicle and then fled the area. No identifiable suspect