Letter to the Editor

We are G-dub

We wanted to take a minute to thank the entire GW community for helping us to start the year off with a great first weekend. Program Board’s Fall Fest, featuring Wale and Travie McCoy, was an epic success drawing crowds of over 5,000 people to University Yard for a full day of free entertainment and great fun.

Sunday’s Welcome Back BBQ sponsored by the Student Association, Foggy Bottom Grocery, Tonic and the IFC and Panhellenic Associations was a great first for the GW community. With over 1,300 people in attendance for free food and drinks, this is a tradition that we hope to see the University continue to facilitate in years to come.

This weekend demonstrated that spirit on GW’s campus is truly alive and well. Although each weekend may not host large-scale programming such as Fall Fest, we want to see this energy continue throughout the year. We want you to continue this spirit by supporting GW athletics, serving your community and remembering that we are all GW Colonials.

To continue this momentum, make sure you sign up to be a member of the Colonial Army at its registration drive on Wednesday and Thursday and root for the basketball team if that’s what drives you. Find something that you’re passionate about and get involved, because GW’s campus spirit is found in strong student involvement.

These events highlighted GW at its finest because there was strong support and lots of excitement, something that we look forward to seeing as the year goes on. These events wouldn’t have been possible without the support of the event sponsors as well as the support of in the GW Dean of Students office and the Student Activities Center. Thank you to everyone who made this weekend so great!

Have a great year and Go G-dub!

Jason Lifton and Wesley Callahan

-The writers are the Student Association President and the Program Board Chair, respectively.