Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

8/26/10 – 10:50 p.m. Location: Thurston Hall Case closed

University Police responded to a complaint of a suspicious odor coming from a particular room. Upon entering, University Police Department discovered alcohol in plain view and assessed 12 students. One student was transported to the GW Hospital. Housing Programs staff then conducted an administrative search of the room and found 2.3 grams of marijuana.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

8/27/10 – 12:46 a.m. Location: Ivory Tower Case closed

UPD officers noticed a large group of students exiting a room and saw alcohol in plain view. Seven of eight individuals, all identified as GW students, were assessed. The eighth individual claimed to be unaffiliated with GW and was barred from campus, but officers later determined he was a student.
Referred to SJS

8/28/10 – 11:50 p.m. Location: Ivory Tower Case closed

A GW security officer reported students walking with open containers of alcoholic beverages. UPD responded, saw alcohol in plain view and identified 15 students present.
Referred to SJS

8/29/10 – 3:37 a.m. Location: International House Case closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint and found alcoholic beverages in plain view. Seven students were identified and two individuals unaffiliated with GW were barred from campus.
Referred to SJS

Assault

8/28/10 – 6:39 p.m. Location: Public property on campus Case closed

UPD witnessed a male subject pushing a female against a brick wall on the corner of 20th and G streets. The officer detained the male subject and placed him in handcuffs, but it was later determined the male and female were married and unaffiliated with GW. The Metropolitan Police Department was notified but declined to arrest the subject.
Subjects barred from campus

Disorderly Conduct

8/28/10 – 3:56 p.m. Location: University Mall Case closed

Staff and UPD witnessed a male subject urinating on a pillar in the University Mall on I Street near the GW Hospital.
Subject barred from campus

Unlawful Entry

8/28/10 – 11 p.m. Location: University Mall Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a disorderly woman attacking people with her umbrella and discovered she had previously been barred from campus.
Closed by arrest