The key to your residence hall and Colonial Cash account underwent a few changes this summer. Check out the new features below:
- Larger photos allow for easier identification of each card holder.
- Holograms make it harder to create duplicates of a GWorld card, providing authenticity and increasing campus safety.
- Randomly generated card number provides security and privacy for each individual on the GW campus.
- Tap-and-enter system allows individuals to use their GWorld like a Metro SmarTrip card instead of swiping into residence halls and other buildings.
- User classification categorizes individuals on campus as student, alumni, faculty or staff. Access to facilities and buildings will depend on your classification.
- Expiration date helps University officials determine whether cardholders are current members of the GW community,
ensuring safety and security for students, faculty and staff.