Best of the Crime Log

As the relaxing days of summer come to an end, students return to campus ready to party. Here is a look at some of the best crime logs from past first weeks back.

Drug Law Violation

9/9/2004 – Time unknown
Location: HOVA
Case closed

Two males and two females drew the attention of [housing] staff when the odor of marijuana emanated from their room. One male was found with a pipe. Additionally, a leather change purse was thrown out of the room’s window and was found to contain money and a small amount of marijuana.
Referred to SJS

Unlawful entry

8/10/2008 – 3:20 p.m.
Location: Burns Law Library
Case closed

University police officers observed a male acting paranoid and saying that there was a conspiracy against him. He said he wanted to speak to someone at the Law School about a lawsuit against the state of Hawaii. Officers escorted the individual from the building.
Subject barred from campus

Simple Assault

9/21/2003 – 1:31 a.m.
Location: Stuart Hall
Case closed

A female student listened to an “obscene” message left on her answering machine from an unidentified male, telling her what types of women he prefers. The individual, who is from the female’s hometown and is unaffiliated with GW, was arrested by local police. Subject Arrested

9/4/2004 – Time unknown

Location: Thurston Hall
Case closed

UPD officers responded to Thurston Hall after a report of suspicious activity. Several students appeared to be fighting on one of the floors, but it appeared that it was only “horseplay.” The students were not there when officers responded.
Result Unknown

9/11/2004 – Time unknown
Location: Smith Center
Case closed

A female swimmer asked a male to move over a lane in the lap pool. The male then grabbed the floating noodle from under her and hit her with the device. The subject told UPD that the female had kicked him several times, however witnesses did not see her make contact with him. UPD escorted the man, who was not affiliated with GW, from the building. Result Unknown

Disorderly Conduct

9/5/2004 – Time unknown
Location: Munson Hall
Case closed

A complainant indicated that eggs had been thrown at her window from the outside. Officers found egg shells but found no identifiable subjects.
Result Unknown