Blind Date: Hitting all the right notes

Friday night sophomore Keaghan Ames and freshman Maddie Morales spent an evening of casual conversation together at the News Café in Georgetown. For these novices to the blind dating scene, the relaxing atmosphere made for an enjoyable experience that turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Keaghan Ames

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20
Hometown: Morristown, N.J.
Major: Political science

Maddie Morales

Year: Freshman
Age: 18
Hometown: Brookfield, Wis.
Major: International affairs

What is your ideal first date?

Keaghan: I really enjoy going for walks, so I think an ideal date would probably be strolling along the waterfront, grabbing some sandwiches and just talking.

Maddie: Something that’s not too intimidating. So it would be chill but also fun. A concert is always cool.

What do you look for in a person?

Keaghan: I like girls who go with the flow and are easy-going. A good sense of humor is always a win as well.

Maddie: I look for guys with a sense of humor and a positive outlook. Of course they have to be nice, too.

What are your interests?

Keaghan: I like working out, reading, listening to all types of new music and grilling.

Maddie: I like to sing. I love children so I like playing with babies. I also like to explore, and I enjoy listening to any kind of music that I can sing along to.

Maddie says…

I’ve never been on a blind date before and I wanted to go on this one because I was feeling adventurous and it sounded like fun. Keaghan was a really nice guy with a great sense of humor. He was also very relaxed and I did not feel intimidated at all. We got along well and he didn’t take himself too seriously, which was something I appreciated.

I’d probably give the date an A-. The restaurant and my meal were both great. It was the perfect setting for a blind date and I would enjoy hanging out with Keaghan again.

Keaghan says…

I had never been on a blind date before and decided to go on this one when a friend put me up to it. We got over the awkwardness of it being a blind date very quickly. Maddie was a very cool girl and very easy-going, which was something I liked. She had a great sense of humor and definitely laughed at my expense.

I would give the date an A-. The restaurant was very good and I could definitely see myself hanging out with Maddie again in the future.