April 9: Your weekend outlook

Not a bad line up this weekend:

Foggy Bottom fanfare:

• Student musicians will be showcasing their talents one more time Friday at the Fishbowl’s last open mic night of the season.
  • GW’s Habitat for Humanity chapter is hosting a club night Friday at Eyebar.
  • The GW Voice Gospel Choir will be giving a free concert Sunday at the Western Presbyterian Church at 2401 Virginia Ave.

District must-dos:

• Darth Vader and some storm troopers are set to, um, storm the Verizon Center Friday from 5-7 p.m., in honor of opening ticket sales for “‘Star Wars’: In Concert.” Just watching them interact with Capitals fans should be interesting. The show, scheduled for July 17, will feature a live orchestra playing music from all of the “Star Wars” films, and narration from Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO.
  • The 9:30 Club is hosting the regional U.S. Air Guitar Championships Saturday.  The organization’s blog says it best: “In a time when U.S. political, economic, military and athletic dominance faces unprecedented challenges around the world, it is our belief that air guitar represents one endeavor our country can dominate without controversy.” Fight the good fight; tickets are $20.
  • Still pissed that proper nouns are now allowed in Scrabble? Vent your frustrations at DC9’s “Nerd Nite” Saturday. The event will feature speakers like actor D.W. Jacobs, who will present his one-man show on “original nerd” R. Buckminster Fuller. The event is sold out, but there will be some discounted tickets for the downstairs bar available at the door.