Crime Log

Assault

4/01/2010 – Columbia Plaza – 10:15 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported to Metropolitan Police that his roommate hit and pushed him during an argument. Closed by arrest

4/02/2010 – Public property on campus – 11:46 p.m. – Case closed

University Police responded to a report of two subjects fighting. Officers made contact with the subjects, one female student and one male GW alumnus. The male subject stated they had gotten into an argument and he pushed her while she grabbed his arm. Closed by arrest

4/02/2010 – 19th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue – 1:28 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a student who was punched. Students were walking down the street when a subject yelled at them and threw a bottle of vodka at them from his car. He then got out of his car, punched a student in the face and got back into his car and fled the area. Referred to Metropolitan Police

Disorderly Conduct

4/01/2010 – 2100 block of I Street – 7:22 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of students playing football in the street. Officers made contact and they were told to move along. Referred to Student Judicial Services

4/02/2010 – GW Hospital – 12:33 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated student being belligerent toward and uncooperative with staff at GW Hospital. The subject had been drinking and fell and hit his head. Referred to SJS

4/04/2010 – 21st and H streets – 3:12 a.m. – Case closed

Officers observed two students helping an intoxicated student walk down the street. While being assessed, the subject tried to flee the area and fell. He resisted the officers while they tried to help him up. He was then assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

4/01/2010 – Potomac Hall – 12:42 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search and found 0.3 grams of marijuana, one Adderall pill, paraphernalia, and alcohol. Referred to SJS

Indecent Exposure

4/01/2010 – Gelman Library – 11:40 a.m. – Case closed

A staff member reported to UPD that she had closed the men’s restroom in order to clean it. Another male staff member walked in to use it, and after being told the restroom was closed, he used the urinal. Referred to Human Resources

Liquor Law Violation

4/03/2010 – 700 block of 21st Street – 12:40 a.m. – Case closed

UPD observed an intoxicated male student urinating against a building. He was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Theft

4/01/2010 – MPA Building – 8 p.m. – Case open

A student reported that she had left her purse unattended in a room and then received a call from her bank about fraudulent charges to her account. When she returned, her purse was still there, but she noticed three credit cards and cash missing from her wallet. Open case