Crime Log

Destruction

3/27/10 – Lisner Auditorium – 7:30 p.m. – Case closed

A staff member reported that he observed a female suspect not affiliated with GW kicking and shattering a glass door at the entrance to Lisner Auditorium. She was allegedly upset because she did not have a ticket to the night’s event and was denied entry. The suspect told a responding officer from the University Police Department that she had diplomatic immunity when he attempted to arrest her. The Uniformed Division of the Secret Service was contacted to check if she did have diplomatic immunity, and they informed University police that she did not. She was transported to Metropolitan Police Department’s 3rd District station for processing. Closed by arrest

Drug Law Violation

3/23/10 – FSK – 10:20 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing Programs Staff conducted an administrative search and found 1.9 grams of marijuana, paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services

3/26/10 – In front of West End – 3 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. Officers determined the odor was coming from a partially smoked marijuana cigar lying on the street. The four people standing next to it denied any involvement. Referred to SJS

3/26/10 – West End – 2:40 a.m. – Case closed.

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search and found 2.7 grams of marijuana and alcohol. Referred to SJS

Harassing Phone Calls

3/24/10 – Off campus – Multiple times – Case closed

A faculty member in the Department of Religious Studies received three voice mails on her phone from an unknown female individual making nonsensical statements. Closed, off-campus incident

Liquor Law Violation

3/26/10 – Guthridge Hall – 11:30 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of several intoxicated students. They were assessed and released. Referred to SJS

3/27/10 – Mitchell Hall – 2:20 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

3/27/10 – Ivory Tower – 2:20 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female not affiliated with GW. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Subject barred from campus

Robbery

3/27/10 – M Street and Wisconsin Avenue – 7:30 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported that she was walking down M Street when a black male suspect between the ages of 18 and 30 ran past her and snatched her clutch wallet from her arm. The complainant chose not to file a report with MPD. Closed, off-campus incident

Simple Assault

3/25/10 – 21st and I streets – 6:10 p.m. – Case open

Officers observed a female staff member driving at a high speed in reverse while her ex-fiancé pursued her in another vehicle. When officers tried to intervene, the male individual fled the area. From a preliminary investigation officers determined that the male individual threw a rock at the female individual’s car. Open case