Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

2/24/2010 – MFA building – 1:00 p.m. – Case closed

A staff member reported to University Police that a patient started to use offensive language toward her while waiting in line. No further action.

Drug Law Violation

2/26/2010 – City Hall – 2:24 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search and found 4.9 grams of marijuana and 8.4 grams of mushrooms that field-tested positive for psilocybin, a hallucinogenic substance. Referred to Student Judicial Services.

Liquor Law Violation

2/24/2010 – Thurston Hall – 11:03 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of loud noise. Upon contact, officers observed alcohol in plain view. In total, there were 16 people in the room, 10 of whom were unaffiliated with GW and subsequently barred from campus. Referred to SJS.

2/27/2010 – Madison Hall – 1:12 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated person. On arrival, the female subject was vomiting and unable to walk without assistance. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital by D.C. Fire/EMS. Referred to SJS.

2/27/2010 – South Hall – 4:35 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of loud noise. When officers arrived they discovered a party with 40 people in the room. One male student was assessed and transported to GW Hospital by D.C. Fire/EMS. Four unaffiliated subjects were barred from campus. All others were assessed and released. Referred to SJS.

2/28/2010 – 22nd and G streets – 1:14 a.m. – Case closed

UPD observed two people helping an intoxicated individual walk. All three subjects were unaffiliated with GW. D.C. Fire/EMS assessed and released the individual to the care of the two others. No further action.

Theft

2/22/2010 – Gelman Library – 9:30 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported that he had left his jacket unattended and when he returned it was missing. No suspects or witnesses.

2/24/2010 – 2020 K Street – 12 p.m. – Case closed

A staff member reported that she left her purse in an unsecured cabinet. Later, she got a call from her credit card company asking to verify a charge, and then she noticed her purse was missing. No suspects or witnesses.

2/24/2010 – Smith Center – Time unknown – Case closed

A contractor reported to UPD that beer was missing from his refrigerator. There was no sign of forced entry. It is still unclear whether this is theft or inventory error. No suspects or witnesses.

Unlawful Entry

2/27/2010 – Ivory Tower – 8:36 p.m. – Case closed

UPD observed an individual previously barred from campus in the food court area. The subject was cooperative with officers and given a chance to leave property. He was subsequently reissued a barring notice. Subject barred from campus.