University announces plan for make-up days

University officials announced plans to use the two reading days and a Saturday at the end of the semester to make up for classes missed due to the 54.9 inches of snow dumped on the District during the last week.

Tuesday, April 27 will be used to make up classes from Feb. 8. April 27 is the University’s official make-up day. Thursday, April 29, the first reading day, will be used to make up classes from Feb. 9. Friday, April 30, the second reading day, will be used to make up classes from Feb. 10. Saturday, May 1 will be used to make up classes from Feb. 11.

University spokeswoman Michelle Sherrard directed questions Thursday night to Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Donald Lehman who did not immediately return requests for comment.

Lehman said Tuesday that officials were waiting out the storm before announcing a plan for make-up days.

On Thursday, Georgetown University announced that it would hold classes on Monday, Feb. 15 despite it being Presidents Day, a federal holiday. Lehman said in an e-mail Thursday evening that GW would not follow Georgetown’s lead.

A earlier version of this article appeared in print on February 12, 2010, “No plans for make-up classes announced yet,” and was updated online after press deadline.