Crime Log

Assault

1/19/10 – HOVA – 1:30 p.m. – Case closed

University Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance. On arrival, officers encountered two students who were fighting during a breakup. The female student stated her ex-boyfriend had pushed her so she grabbed a knife and started threatening him with it. Metropolitan Police responded and arrested the female. Closed by arrest

Disorderly Conduct

1/22/10 – Medical Faculty Associates – 10:30 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a patient who had become loud and belligerent in the MFA building. He refused to leave when asked, so officers escorted him out of the building. Subject barred from campus

Drug Law Violation

1/20/10 – Fulbright Hall – 9:50 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search and found 1.4 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Harassment

1/21/10 – Old Main – Multiple times – Case closed

A GW Career Center staff member reported that she received multiple letters and newspaper clippings from an unaffiliated male subject. Referred to MPD

Liquor Law Violation

1/22/10 – Potomac Hall – 2:48 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female student in the lobby of Potomac. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

1/22/10 – JBKO – 10:15 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of loud noise coming from a room. When officers made contact, they observed alcohol in plain view. The subjects were assessed and released. Referred to SJS

1/24/10 – FSK Hall – 3:50 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female unaffiliated with GW. She was assessed and released. Subject barred from campus

Panhandling

1/23/10 – Mitchell Hall 7-Eleven – 10:50 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of a male subject harassing people for money. Subject barred from campus

Theft I

1/19/10 – Marvin Center – 6:30 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported to UPD that he put his laptop down in the Marvin Center when he went to pay for his food. When he returned, it was missing. UPD investigators identified the suspect, who was a contract employee. Subject barred from campus

Unlawful Entry

1/20/10 – Corcoran Hall – 12:22 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report by a student that an unknown man was loitering in buildings and behaving suspiciously. Officers stopped the subject and learned that he was previously barred from campus for loitering in men’s rooms. Closed by arrest