Holiday Guide: What to get every person on your list

The BFF

Girls: Get her the newest Marc Jacobs perfume, Lola, to help with the boys. It’s around $48 for the 1-ounce bottle with an adorable floral cap (www.sephora.com).

Guys: Get him an engraved flask with his nickname on it (no matter how obscene). It’ll keep your inside joke alive every weekend. For around $20 you can get an engraved 6-ounce flask (www.eflask.com).

Significant other

Boyfriend: Tickets to his favorite sports team. Even if they are cheap tickets, you’ll be the one he’s looking at most of the game.

Girlfriend: A cute wristlet with a picture of the two of you inside and a note – it’s not as serious as jewelry can be and she’ll have it with her everywhere, just like your heart. You can splurge for a wristlet from Coach for around $98 (www.coach.com), or go the cheaper but still stylish route with a zip ID case from Vera Bradley for only $10 (www.verabradley.com).

General friend

A mix CD never fails… pick a theme (like a future road trip) and pick some songs you both can enjoy. It’s cheap but still shows you put some thought into the gift.

The Parents

Mom: A cute purse from Etsy.com, which carries all handmade purses, so she knows you think she’s super-stylish and unique.

Dad: DVD set of his favorite TV show – Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, Lost, Seinfeld. Check out www.amazon.com for any boxed set.

Grandparents

A collage frame – Multiple picture frames all held together as one. Put a picture of each of their grandchildren in the slots and, if you’ve got the resources, make it double – a picture of each grandchild as a child and each one as they are now. For $20, Target has an eight-slot picture frame (www.target.com).

Favorite professor

Hey, it could help with those last participation points – make him or her some easy homemade cookies or, if you’re really ambitious, get a $10 gift card to a cool D.C. bookstore like Politics & Prose.

Boyfriend/Girlfriend’s parents

If you’re not going to be with them on the actual holiday, send them a gift basket from Harry & David. For $40 you can give them a three-tiered gift box tower filled with chocolates, cookies, truffles, and more. It’s sophisticated and easy, and shows them you’re a quality catch (www.harryanddavid.com).