Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

11/6/09 – Potomac Hall – 12:55 p.m. – Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a report of a suspicious odor coming from a room in Potomac Hall. GW Housing Programs conducted an administrative search of the room and found 5.3 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services

11/7/09 – Crawford Hall – 12:35 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of loud noise coming from a room and noticed a suspicious odor upon opening the door. GW Housing Programs conducted an administrative search and found 3.2 grams of marijuana, two unknown pills and drug paraphernalia. Referred to SJS

11/8/09 – Munson Hall – 8:05 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to an anonymous report of a suspicious odor coming from a room. GW Housing Programs conducted an administrative search and found 3.3 grams of marijuana, five pills, drug paraphernalia, and alcohol. Referred to SJS

Hit & Run

11/8/09 – 700 block of 21st Street – Time unknown – Case closed

A GW staff member reported that his motorcycle had been knocked over by a car parked in front of him. No identifiable subjects

Liquor Law Violation

11/6/09 – Academic Center – 12:39 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated male student in the lobby of the Academic Center. He was assessed, deemed not dangerous to himself and released. Referred to SJS

11/6/09 – Hensley Hall (MVC) – 12:50 a.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report of underage drinking in Hensley Hall on the Vern. On contact with the individuals, officers spotted alcohol in plain view. Six subjects were assessed, deemed not a danger to themselves and released. Referred to SJS

11/7/09 – Potomac Hall – 1:50 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated male in the lobby of Potomac Hall. Upon questioning him, they found he was not affiliated with GW. He was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Subject barred from campus.

Simple Assault

11/5/09 – City Hall – 4:45 p.m. – Case closed

UPD responded to a report that a female student struck a D.C Fire EMS emergency medical technician while she was being treated. The EMT chose not to press charges. The subject was transported to GW Hospital to be treated for her medical emergency. Referred to SJS

11/8/09 – Near Thurston Hall – 3:40 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of an “exchange of words” between two men unaffiliated with the University, which led to an altercation. Officers broke the men up before anyone was seriously hurt. Subjects barred from campus

Theft

11/6/09 – Samson Hall – Time unknown – Case closed

A GW staff member reported that he left his office and, upon his return, his property was missing from his desk. No identifiable subject